Classic of classics Chicken fajitas or Fajitas de Pollo with guacamole and a good Salsa sounds scrumptious, don’t you think?
It will take you just 30 min to prepare! from cutting all the vegetables, chicken and other spices, to present the dish on the table. Just as we we like, easy, fast and tasty Recipe.
This recipe is adapted from Chef Oropeza style fajitas, occasionally I check his blog to find traditional Mexican recipes with a contemporary touch.
CHICKEN FAJITAS – FAJITAS DE POLLO
- Aceite el necesario (1 cucharada de aceite de oliva)
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Garlic Clove (mince)
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 2 Jalapeños or Serranos
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tsp dry oregano
- Flour or corn Tortillas
- 1 Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1-2 Avocados
- Salsa Verde or Basic Salsa
1. Cut the vegetables (Bell Peppers, Onion, Jalapeños in julienne strips)
3. Add the Chicken, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Let it simmer in a medium heat, stir constantly until the chicken is cooked.
4. Add the lime juice, reduce the heat and let the liquid to be evaporated (1 – 3 min aprox).
5. Spread the cilantro and oregano; check salt and pepper.
6. Warm up the tortillas, pour the chicken fajitas in a large serving plate.
7. Prepare your own tacos and serve with guacamole and salsa.